About Me

My photo
"There will always be trends, but I think, by being true to yourself and your art, you will set the trend" - Tara McPherson

Thursday 25 November 2010

Initial Designs

This design is slightly influenced by a lyric from the song
'Tomorrow Never Knows' that reads "but listen to the
colour of your dream"

The swirls and spirals would be in bright, clashing colours
and would contain gradient and image overlays of the band,
things associated with the songs, their fans, ect.  
The depiction of the boy firing an imaginary gun helps
link my idea with the album name, but I don't think that
it's strong enough to make a good, modern version of
the album cover, so I don't think I'll use this idea.

The inspiration for this design came from the song
'Elenor Rigby' on the album.
The line is "wearing the face that she keeps in a jar"
If I were to use this design, I would do it in the style of
Dave McKean, as I think it would suit his style.

However, I don't think that it would be immediately 
associated with The Beatles, and because of this, I won't
use it as my final design. On the other hand, I like the 
idea and so am thinking of using it in the booklet,
and doing a similar thing for all the songs, then putting 
the lyrics over the top of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment